Hayward SwimPure Plus goes lights out

Jun 21, 2015
Houston, TX
I have a Hayward SwimPure Plus SWG with a T-Cell-15. Today the LEDs on the control panel went dark. More specifically, when I turn the system on the "No Flow" LED flashes for a bit as normal. Once it stops flashing the "Generating" LED goes solid for about 10-15 secs then goes out. At this point all LEDs are unlit including the "Power" LED. There is obviously power going to the unit as the LCD Display that shows salt level and water temp among other things is completely functional. My pool is 10 years old but this specific unit is only about 2 years old. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? Thanks.

There is an input resistor on the control board that commonly burns out. The good news is it only cost a couple bucks, bad news...how good are you at soldering on a circuit board?

Someone will be along with all the details, on how to diagnose it, and the part number and source for the part. Alternatively, you can spend a little time with Google and I'll bet you find the details.

There is an input resistor on the control board that commonly burns out. The good news is it only cost a couple bucks, bad news...how good are you at soldering on a circuit board?

Someone will be along with all the details, on how to diagnose it, and the part number and source for the part. Alternatively, you can spend a little time with Google and I'll bet you find the details.

chiefwej,
Thanks for the quick response. I found the older thread as well as the info about the replacement part. Fortunately, I can wield a soldering iron and will be going the DIY route first

Just as a suggestion, when replacing the resistor I just cut the legs off the old one and bent them around the legs of the new one. That makes very easy, so you aren't soldering directly to the circuit board and the new part sets at a 90 degree angle to the old one and stands off the board for better cooling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.