Stenner single speed pump 45 series.makes loud squeak when running.

May 3, 2013
Ive got a single speed Stenner pump, Its the 45 series and when it runs, as the rollers spin around, you can hear them forcing the pump tube to push against the housing and cause a squeak that is really loud. we can hear it inside the house through a stucco wall. Ive changed the pump tube and cleaned out the housing and still does it. I made a video on you tube that shows the problem.

Stenner peristaltic pump squeak - YouTube

I use this to pump diluted chlorine into return pipe for pool

Any help will be appreciated on how to stop it. Ive sent email to technical support for Stenner but have not heard back yet.

Sincerely,

Reese

Hello Reese and welcome back! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about your Stenner. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Well I thought I had fixed it. Seemed that the pump tube had been twisted when I tightened the Ferruls to the end which worked for a few minutes, no squeak but then came back as loud as ever. Not happy with that pump. So is this kind of a flaw with this model pump or just defective? Would I have same problem if I bought another or is there something better out there?

Well I thought I had fixed it. Seemed that the pump tube had been twisted when I tightened the Ferruls to the end which worked for a few minutes, no squeak but then came back as loud as ever. Not happy with that pump. So is this kind of a flaw with this model pump or just defective? Would I have same problem if I bought another or is there something better out there?

I have been looking at stenner posts for a couple of weeks before I purchased and installed mine. I have not seen any mention of the type of noise you are having - therefore, it is likely you have a defective unit. If I were you, I would contact either:

(1) Stenner Pump Manufacturer - stenner.com/support and submit an inquiry through their support page or call their support number and discuss with them.

Stenner%20Support_zpsqrotyq7d.jpg

(2) Contact support where you bought the Stenner pump from.

Gary

PS - post back here when you receive any additional information or resolve the issue.

The most likely cause of the squeak is that one or more of the rollers are froze to the shaft and not turning as they rotate, or the roller shaft is dry and needs lubricating. If it's under warranty contact Stenner and let them send the necessary parts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.