LAST DITCH EFFORT....and I don't know what to do now

Yup, no ammonia. SLAM away,

Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Bring it up to shock level and retest and add more every hour.

Now, you are going to ask, how do I do this while I'm working. You need to test and adjust at least twice a day, but the more the better. The first couple of days if you hit it hard, like every hour make the rest of it go a little easier.

Gotcha. Thanks Tim. Should I hold off on doing the CYA/sock broadcast until I'm done SLAMing? Since tomorrow is a workday, tomorrow it won't get a much attention as you mentioned. Thanks again.
If you bought the CYA, hang on to it for a couple of days. I'm still assuming you are right around 30 as that is what you tested last week. Let's give the chlorine time to work and add a little in a few days.

Ok. Would I be any better off checking the FC level every 30min to better hold target shock level? If you think the CYA is still there, I suppose I should have a higher target shock level than 12?.....and just as Im typing this I decide to look at the journal from when I did the CYA....we initially got the CYA up to 30, then I added another dosage and it came up to 50, and we stopped there......So with that said.....should I shoot for a target of 20 FC?

Thanks and sorry about my poor memory....this is why I need to write all this down as I go.....Im my own worst enemy...ughh!

Let's stick with 12, which is the shock level for 30. To quote Marcus Lemonis, You gotta trust the process.

Don't try to modify things. No more often than once an hour. Keept it at of slightly above 12. If Pool Math says it will take 3/4 of a bottle to get back to shock, then yes just use a bottle, but not two.;)

I just had to jump in to say HI! You are in good hands with Tim. If you listen to him and do what he says your pool WILL clear! Not overnight but in time.

Here is something you can do for you and us. Take a pic of your pool say at the steps. Take a pic of the same spot each day. That will allow you and us see the changes in the color of your pool. Without the pics you will think nothing is happening. The change will be slight but there will be a change.

Work days-test and add when you get up in the morning (after coffee is started of course), Test and add as soon as you get home, again after dinner and one more time before you go to bed. That is a total of 4 times if you can swing it.

Listen to Tim! He will get you clear!

Kim

pool_6_21.jpg

Here's a current picture. Just took it at 2pm. Took it at the entry steps to get an idea of clarity as I continue SLAMing. Also, here is how our day has gone so far:

9:45a: FC of 4.5
added 3 gal. Of bleach
10:45: FC of 9
added 1 gal.
11:45: FC of 6.5
added 2 gal.
12:45: FC of 5.5
added 2 gal.
1:45: FC of 5.5
added 2 gal.

On my way to get more bleach

Wow, if that is 8.25% bleach you are burning through about 8ppm FC per hour. That will definitely speed up your SLAM!

Don't buy duct tape and shovels on the same trip as a basket full of bleach! :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No, that is good.

Yes, speeds along your SLAM because you are adding hourly. Often people add every 2-3 hours or 2-3 times per day. So, you are adding chlorine 2-3 times faster than others.

Be sure to work on scooping out debris if there is any.

Alright so pretty much every hour up until 4:00pm, we were adding 2 gallons of 8.25% as FC was dropping to 3.5-5.5 between 12:45 and 4. 5:30 it only dropped to 8.0, 6:30 dropped to 6.5, and now just at 7:30ish it only dropped to 9.5.

Let me know what you guys think and what I should do in the coming hours right before I head to bed, and what you may suggest for in the morning.

Thanks everyone for their valuable input.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.