Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why we do what we do....

1. Back To Top    #1

Why we do what we do....

Because we love clear, clean water and because hot Saturday afternoons were meant for moments like this -

That's my almost 3 year old jumping off the waterfall rocks into the deep end. He can do that for hours!

(No worries, he's jumping off the low rock and he's got 7.5-ft of water below him. Also that swimmie vest means he barely drops 6" under before plunging back up to the surface)

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why we do what we do....

Nice Pic.

It was a hot one here on the east coast, be topped out at 101. Most of the day was floating in the pool with a cold drink.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    Nice Pic.

It was a hot one here on the east coast, be topped out at 101. Most of the day was floating in the pool with a cold drink.
    Thanks, I just love it when he's jumping and laughing hysterically (there were two other munchkins in the pool out of frame).

Yeah, it's been an oven here in Tucson this week. 108F where I live (East side) and all week long it was over 105F (I think we hit 111F on Thursday). Oh, but no worries because it's a "dry heat"!!! Anyway, the pool is getting lots of "bather load" and the pool-boy (me ) is working overtime....but hearing the kiddos laugh and splash is all the reward I need!!

I'll crack a cold one and send you a salute!!

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep, life is good with a pool and TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Beautiful pool!! Wish we could afford to add some boulders

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by gustafsa View Post
    Beautiful pool!! Wish we could afford to add some boulders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

It's a natural stone waterfall and it took the crew building it about 3 days based on the build records. There was a huge crane on-site to lower the big ones in place while the masons mortared them in.

Lots of folks here will do pool builds with one or two large flat stones incorporated into the coping. We call them "jumping stones". Maybe you can check with the PB to see if it's still a possibility? They're very common out here in AZ, not sure I ever saw many back east when I lived there.

Matt

7. Back To Top    #7

It's expensive to move boulders.. So it's not even a possibility.