Cygnet 2 motor removal

Jun 20, 2015
Tamaqua pa
Hello i am new new around here and am naturally in a bind for info. I have a jacuzzi cygnet 2 pump with a 1.5 hp 56y frame motor that just died. I have a new replacement motor but am have not been able to remove the existing motor from the pump housing. The 4 through bolts have been removed and the motor now spins but I can't get it released from the pump section. Judging but the pics from a parts breakdown I found it looks like it should just separate at a plate with a large o ring. Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction? Thank you for any help, john

From the pics and diagrams I can find it looks like those 4 bolts should be all that holds it together. The o-ring is probably just stuck to both halves, holding it together. Rock the motor up and side to side, then pull back on it and it should separate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.