Filter 24/7?

wjaneala

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2015
Cullman, AL
Another newbie question here...am I supposed to run my pump/filter 24/7? Do you guys? The pool guy (I know, I know...) told me to, but a friend who also has a pool told me that's insanity. *This question brought to you by my husband's near-heart attack when we got our power bill today.*

Thanks!

Three hours a day works for me.

Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

attachment.php

I run 4 hours a day. 2 hours in winter. I have a 2 HP single speed pump, so I could imagine my bill running it 24/7
grngreedy.gif

Ours is on an Intermatic timer, so I have it set for 1 hour in the morning, and 3 in the evening. Seems to work out nicely, and I have plenty of time on the 3 hour run to test and add chemicals as needed. If I have a lot of swimmers, I kick the pump one to help filter the water.

It's something you'll have to experiment with if you have a timer. Keep decreasing the time until you are unhappy with the filtration and then increase from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.