Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Interesting ad from a pool store

1. Back To Top    #1

Interesting ad from a pool store

I wonder if their employees tell customers the same things? Although this is the first time I've heard that stabilizer causes stains!

20150620_180430.jpg
    Built 1980, 19' x 30' almost rectangular, screened 15,000 gal, plaster, Hayward DE 3620 filter (currently using cellulose), Emerson 1081 1HP pump, AquaCal Heatwave SuperQuiet SQ110R heater, Zodiac T5 Cleaner, Taylor K-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Interesting ad from a pool store

That is interesting. I bet its like walmart starting to sell organic. If you can't beat em join em. Sell what the people are looking for.
    30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Interesting ad from a pool store

regarding the staining you mention,
    I think your referring to the 'no-scaling' category in the add.

they do mention calclium which is whats used as a stabilizer in Cal-Hypo. That can definitenly cause scaling and staining if pool chemistry gets out of control.
    CYA stabilizer - I havent heard of any occurences where it caused staining, except by putting granular CYA directly in the pool and not using a sock or some other container to keep the acid off the pool surface.

Quote Originally Posted by mikech View Post
    I wonder if their employees tell customers the same things? Although this is the first time I've heard that stabilizer causes stains!

20150620_180430.jpg
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!