Clompleted first SLAM. Things are looking good.

SteveGo

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2015
Richardson, TX
Two days ago, after 3 days of SLAMming, the pool passed two of the three tests. CC was 0, overnight FC dropped half a point down to 19.5. But, the water was still a little cloudy. By evening the FC had dropped to 13. So I raised back to 20. Yesterday the pool started looking clear, so I let things coast. This morning the FC was 15.5 and the pool looked even more clear. This evening the FC had dropped to 9.5ppm, with sparkling water, as clear looking as when I filled the pool. Since FC had dropped below 10 I felt I could run the other tests:

FC = 9.5
CC =0
PH = 7.6
TA = 80
CH = 160
CYA = 50
CSI = -0.1

I am using bleach for chlorination.

Those look like very nominal numbers to me. The pool math page suggest a goal FC of 4 to 8. Tomorrow evening I am planning to establish FC at 8, and then check it again the next evening. Does that sound right to y'all? I don't want to lose all the ground I have gained in the last few days.

This is amazing, after so many years of struggling. I am in debt to this site and its many experts. The water looks great, and feels great. I could not be more pleased.

Thank you all so much!

Hey Steve. While you passed 2 of the 3 SLAM requirements, technically there was still one unsatisfied. So the true success of that SLAM is probably yet to be known. Still, you seem to be pleased with your effort so that's good. :) Other than perhaps your CH, yes, your numbers look quite good. As you mentioned, and I agree, I would continue to watch the FC level drop overnight, and perhaps watch your CC real close too. If there is anything (bad) remaining from the SLAM, you'll know quick, and you now know how to handle it. Happy to hear your water cleared for you. Let us know if you have any more questions.

You've got the method right. :goodjob: Target, dose, retest. When you find the target goal that keeps the FC above minimum until you next test and dose, you're there.

Realistically, all you need to do now is maintain adequate FC and keep pH in range, brush often, and vacuum, and it will stay sparkly all summer long. You'll want to test the lesser parameters occasionally, but that's not such a chore.

You're now at serious risk of becoming a pool snob
attachment.php
, refusing to enter any pool not up to your standards of clarity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.