Starting SLAM questions

Jun 14, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
PH = 7.0 (best guess, pretty close)
CYA = 0-20? (had tube filled to the brim, and could pretty much still see the dot, got a little hazy)
FC = 0

I added 65 oz of Borax to try to get PH up to 7.2-7.3 range
I added 56 oz of Stabalizer to try to get CYA to 30

Sound good so far?

Can I start on Chrlorine now, or do I have to wait to get another reading? I have 121 oz. bottles. Pool Math telling me to add 241 oz, which is about 2 jugs to get FC to 12 for the SLAM. Seems like not that much to me being I have no Chlorine in the pool. Am i filling that thing out right?

When did you add the stabilizer? If it was a few hours ago go ahead and start the SLAM based on CYA 20, but switch to CYA 30 tomorrow. If you added the CYA yesterday, go ahead and SLAM based on CYA 30 now.

I added the CYA literally like 30 minutes ago maybe. So I'll start based on 20 I suppose. I just am anxious to get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.

I do have 6 jugs on hand, so I'll probably need to pick some more up by tomorrow.
Yes, start at 20, but first thing tomorrow figure it's 30 and keep going. Hit it hard at first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.