I am doing an owner builder pool and probably got in over my head a little. At any rate, I am in the last step and will be doing my plaster on Tuesday. Everything I read said I need to start the filter going immediately after the pool is filled, however, the person that is going to do my startup won't be able to make it out for a day or two after the pool is filled. I think I know what I need to do to get it running, but would like some advice on how to get started. My equipment list is in my signature and here are some pictures of the pumps and valves. I am not sure the values are all turned in the correct way or if I need to prime my pump or do anything special before getting started. Here are the steps I think I need to do.
1. Remove pipes from skimmer and install skimmer basket
2. Check valves for skimmer/main drain open
3. Check that filter backwash valve is set to filter
4. Mix 6lb DE
5. Start pump via control panel "Filter Pump" button
6. Pour mixed DE into skimmer drain
7. Check starting pressure
Am I missing anything? Any help is appreciated!