intex sand filter to coleman 16' power frame pool

Jun 4, 2015
pa
for those who are wanting or thinking about upgrading from a stock cartridge filter to a sand filter for a Coleman 16' x 48" power frame pool. I would recommend doing this upgrade , the cost of the sand filter will pay for itself in no time with not having to buy the cartridges all summer and keep your pool looking much cleaner. I was running the stock filter all the time for the 1st week and realized that the stock filter was way undersized ! I'm currently running the sand filter on it's timer 2 hr.'s a day "pool is crystal clear" but will more in likely bump that up when the weather heats up and the pool is getting used a lot more.

I did not need any other fittings / adapters etc. to hook up the intex SF70110. I removed the supply and discharge hoses from the stock filter and screwed the coleman stock hoses right to the new intex filter. the intex sand filter will come with 2 hoses to hook up to the valves on the pool but I put these away for extra parts if needed later on....the intex hoses are the same as the stock hoses that come with the coleman 16' power frame pool.

I ordered my filter through amazon. hope this helps those of you wanting to upgrade ! any questions I'll try to help...I'm no pool expert but this forum is really helping me.

Reactions: NY Smokeater
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.