I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, but today, I got a "Low Salt" and "Check Cell" light on my Aqua Rite SWG. The display gave me a reading of 2700 for salt. Here are some stats:
1. Over past 24 hours, my pool has filled up an additional 3"-4" with rain water. We are getting quite a bit of rain. Temperature outside was upper 80s yesterday and upper 70s today.
2. Salt test yesterday: 3000.
Salt test today: 2800.
3. FC yesterday: 3
FC today: 5 (I noticed my FC was low so I ran my SWG for 24 hours @ 50%. I had only been running it for 4-6 hours for the last 7 days at 40%).
4. CYA: around 60.
5. I bought this home in September 2014. I have no idea when the cell was last cleaned. I opened this pool on May 6, 2015.
Based on my manual, it is stating that I should clean the cell. Here are my questions:
1. Should I clean the cell? It seems I've read on here that the cell would have an issue if my test readings and the display readings from the SWG were consistently off by more than 400. My SWG display is at 2700 and I did two tests today and they both came up to 2800. My display and my tests have never been more than 200-300 apart. So does this mean that the cell does not need to be cleaned or is going bad?
2. Or is this a simple issue as to add more salt to keep up with the increase in water in the pool?
Thanks for all of your guidance and help.