Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar reel strap plates don't snap together

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar reel strap plates don't snap together

I'm setting up a Horizon Elite HV-10 solar reel. According to the instructions, the two halves of the strap plate should snap together. I can't get them to snap. Even off the cover, with nothing in-between to get in the way, they don't seem to fit together tightly enough to snap and stay together. What am I missing here??? Am I supposed to crush the posts on the male half of the plate to make them expand out and hold the two halves together? The instructions that came with this thing are almost useless.
    22,000 Gal. IG Vinyl, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 520 cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo VS pump, Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG, Zodiac T5 cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Solar reel strap plates don't snap together

Hello "JS"! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post about the solar reel straps. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!