How do I know if the Stenner is pumping?

Is there some kind of "tell" that lets me know the pump is actually pumping??

I get a sort of "pulse" when I touch the output hose... would that be how I know or is there something else?

That pulsing is the tube being stretched by the rollers in the pump. It happens even if there is no chlorine being pumped (i.e. tank dry). The only ways I know to tell are:

(a) Buy and install their flow meter.
(b) Grab water from the return jet in the pool and measure FC which should be elevated relative to the pool with the pump off.
(c) Examine your tank level before and after a projected 1/2 to 1 gallon of chlorine has been pumped (definitely a measurable amount). For the 10 GPD pump, that would take a pump time of about 1.2 to 2.4 hours and for a 3 GPD pump it would take 4 to 8 hours of pump time.

Gary

You could put a T with a little valve to let some pump out in a cup to verify it is pumping. If you installed a stenner with a suction line vs mounted on the tank, you could put the T and valve on the suction line and let an air bubble get pulled in and pushed through to verify that it is pumping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.