Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Want to test your skimmers?

1. Back To Top    #1

Want to test your skimmers?

Just have the grandkids over

Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Want to test your skimmers?

Bwaahaahaaa! Very true!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Beats having them choked up with slices of limes.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

That is weird. It happens to me too. A flower petal will pass two inches in front of the skimmer throat and pass by, but a 3/4 submerged squirtgun bobbing around will make its way across the pool and over the weir and into the skimmer basket without fail.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, the wife has a lot of ferns and other plants inside the enclosure. Wind during the night carried some stuff into the pool. Those just seemed to circle the pool until they sank but both skimmers had no problem sucking in toys, lol.

I'm still messing with pump speeds and times though, and this morning it started out on the low end. I think when I set it to first start in the morning it shouldn't be on low. I likely sank stuff before the higher speed hit and the skimmers working. Fun playing with it anyway, even if not trying real hard to decided when, and how much, to run until company is gone and back to the normal routine
    Scott
    15,000 Gallons vinyl in-ground screen enclosed, Hayward Eco-star SP3400VSP, Hayward Aqua Logic PL-Plus, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward S244T Sand Filter, Polaris 380 with booster pump, Hayward heat pump HP50HA. K-2006 kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Beats having them choked up with slices of limes.
    At my age, I would have to disagree.
    27' AG 18K Gallons ~ Cartridge Filter ~ Pentair 1.5 HP Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    That is weird. It happens to me too. A flower petal will pass two inches in front of the skimmer throat and pass by, but a 3/4 submerged squirtgun bobbing around will make its way across the pool and over the weir and into the skimmer basket without fail.
    You're not the only one. I get to deal with this mainly due to my returns not having eyeballs. My returns are simple PVC pipe cut flush with the plaster wall, no way to alter the direction.

I end up will leaves and debris going right past the skimmer and make the full circle around the pool. I will find Howard, my floating thermometer duck, in the skimmer from time to time. Also splash bombs and other floating toys. I think a Toypeedo got in there once as well.
    J.R.

20K IG gunnite pool
    2HP Hayward single speed pump
    Cartridge filter