Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hello

1. Back To Top    #1

hello

new pool owner this year , must say this forum is great !! decided to try a Coleman pool for this year and upgrade next year if my family really enjoyed having a pool....installed the pool and had it filled on memorial day weekend. Upgraded the filter system 1 week after having the pool up and running , stock filter system is a joke....I run better filters in my aquarium's. Had a rough start when the pool was filled from the fire dept. 1st load of water was good......2nd truck was not so clean.....tanker must've been sitting for a while.. water was green when the fire dept. left .. could still see the bottom of the pool but water had a green tint , was not a happy camper !!!! but thanks to all the great advice I got on here I got things under control and everything seems to be in good shape. The BBB method works very well. Now if we could just get a few days without rain !!!

Here are the last test results from k-2006:

FC = 4
    CC= .5
    PH = 7.8
    ALK = 110
    CH = 70
    CYA = 30
    been able to keep the #'s steady except the ph....have to readjust after every rain storm ! got so much rain last week I had to drain some water out of the pool...was over flowing !
    24' x 52" VINYL AG 15,200 GAL.
    HAYWARD POWER FLOW LX 1.5 HP
    HAYWARD SAND FILTER
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: hello

Welcome!

Your pH will continue to rise quickly with the 110 TA. The rainwater aerates the surface and pH climbs. Just keep knocking pH back to 7.2 when it rises to 7.8 and things will settle down.

Did you have to do anything special to mate the intex filter to the Coleman pool? If so, take pictures and write it up in a post. I'm sure there will be questions about that and you can add to the general store of knowledge here.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP drywall. Enjoy your visit to TFP.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    Welcome!

Did you have to do anything special to mate the intex filter to the Coleman pool? If so, take pictures and write it up in a post. I'm sure there will be questions about that and you can add to the general store of knowledge here.
    I did not need any other fittings etc. Took the filter out of the box and used the hoses that were already running to the stock coleman filter. New filter was up and running in 15 min. I will start a new thread for this....may help alot of people who want to upgrade there filter but wondering if it will hook up without being a master plumber
    24' x 52" VINYL AG 15,200 GAL.
    HAYWARD POWER FLOW LX 1.5 HP
    HAYWARD SAND FILTER
    Taylor K-2006

6. Back To Top    #6

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.