Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Filter Timer

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

New Filter Timer

Sick of being locked into a timer "window" with the built in timer on my Intex system, I bought a Woods Digital timer and made a small outdoor box for it from some pressure treated scraps I had laying around.

Everything plugs into into a proper GFCI outlet, power cord to timer is 14ga, about 20' long.

It's pretty stable with both legs about 6" into the ground, and it's nice to have a GFCI protected outlet right next to my pool cabinet.

Dom

Edit: Forgot a pic.......

Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Filter Timer

Handy and very nice DIY work.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Fancy! Nice work!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Nice. Do you plan on replacing the extension cord you have supplying the outlet? I'm guessing you have the other end plugged into the GFCI outlet?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    Nice. Do you plan on replacing the extension cord you have supplying the outlet? I'm guessing you have the other end plugged into the GFCI outlet?
    It will stay as is, and will be pulled for winter storage with the pump.

Yes, GFCI protected.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!