Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I have a screw loose

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation I have a screw loose

In the pool. I dropped it while installing a Hayward through the wall skimmer. My pool is a lovely shade of green, and I can't see it. Blindly scooping with the net has hit the screw, but wasn't able to pick it up. I tested the remaining screws, and the are not magnetic (was going to try a magnet on a string).

Can the screw be safely vacuumed, or is it time for a swim in the swamp?
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I have a screw loose

stretch a kneehigh nylon over the vacuum hose port and ram the hose on to snag it when you vacuum it up
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds great! I'll give it a go!

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't occur to me until you said that about the kneehighs - I'm vacuuming through the skimmer! It will be caught in the skimmer basket! Doh!
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

You just wanted to play Creature from the Black Lagoon! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Hehe, screw retrieved. I did get in the pool to install the skimmer, but I borrowed a friend's waders. ��

6. Back To Top    #6

Waders are a great idea!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

He failed to tell me of the hole in the crotch, so shortly after I got in, I noticed it began to get a bit chilly in the waders... ��

8. Back To Top    #8

OH NO! BAD Man! I bet he was laughing KNOWING what was going to happen! BAD!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

OH NO! BAD Man! I bet he was laughing KNOWING what was going to happen! BAD!

Kim