Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie Need Help is anyone using the Synergy Pool chemical system

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Newbie Need Help is anyone using the Synergy Pool chemical system

Omni Synergy Chemicals
    We are newbies, Just bought our new swim spa in January,
    Is anyone using the Synergy treatments, the swim spa company who sold us our swim spa recommended it, I can't find much information on it for swim spas, It is a two step process, I am having a hard time figuring out the correct dosage for the initiator and the weekly All clear treatment. I also use a chlorine floater, and the spa sanitizer, (Sodium Dichloro-s-triazinetrione) but not sure how much to use.
    The dosage on the bottle of All clear is to apply a half a pound per 10,000 gallons, I have tried to calculate it down to my 1750 gallon spa. I am really confused.
    My chlorine seems to drop for no reason at all I check my spa daily, one day its fine then the next day it is down to the .5-1 mark. The only thing I can think of is that I covered my spa covers with a plastic tarp to protect them, we have had a lot of rain the last few weeks, could this be why my chlorine burned off?
    Someone can you please help me
    2015 14 Ft Freestyle Catalina Swim Spa, 1750 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie Need Help is anyone using the Synergy Pool chemical system

They are selling you common chemicals at high prices. The Initiator is nothing but Boric Acid and their Synergy Tabs are nothing but trichlor chlorine tablets.

You need your own quality test kit. Here is a good article to read: How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank You, so happy I found this website
    2015 14 Ft Freestyle Catalina Swim Spa, 1750 gallons

4. Back To Top    #4

I also just purchased a swim spa about 2 weeks ago. I don't have any help for you as I don't use the same system as you. Just good to know of someone else with a swim spa! Our spa guy gave us bad information on chemicals and we have already had to dump, clean and start over with new water, so we learned not to listen to them anymore. Ordered a Taylor testing kit online. have learned tons and gotten a lot of help on here! Best of luck!
    1000-gallon Master Spas H2X Swim Spa. Installed June 2015.
    Started with chlorine and it went south (with awesome advice of spa dealer....insert sarcasm).
    My kids ended up with bad bacterial hot tub rash 10 days after installation.
    Dumped it and started over with bromine.