New Pool Chemical Guidance ?

Jun 19, 2015
Ridgewood, NJ
Hi Everyone-

New pool 2nd post.

Info: 1800 Gallon intex 12" by 30" deep

Setup and added water on Thursday, along with 50 lbs of salt (planning to use the SWG once I get the chemicals dialed in). Added 52 oz of household bleach yesterday, and approx 17 oz of stabilizer.

Recorded measurement using HTH 6 way test kit are:

CL-BT 5 and 10
PH-7.2
TA-looks like 200ppm (I kept adding drops waiting for the water to turn from green to red, not sure I did this correct or not)

Looking for next steps to get it dialed in.

Thanks!

Brian

The next step is this one: :splash:

Your pH will rise and as you add acid to lower it, the TA will also slowly go down. When it hits 7.8 PH, take it back to 7.2. Keep the FC up above 4 at all times and get that SWG going. Once the CYA is totally dissolved, everything should be fine.

Awesome thank you! It's not quite a swim weekend in the Northeast which is good, that will allow me to get it dialed in.

So I assume I should begin running the SWG today/tonight?

And I could use a quick understanding of which chemicals when out of balance are not good to swim in. I kind of got the FC if it's too high. but any other values that make the pool unswimmable?

Thanks!

Awesome thank you! It's not quite a swim weekend in the Northeast which is good, that will allow me to get it dialed in.

So I assume I should begin running the SWG today/tonight?

And I could use a quick understanding of which chemicals when out of balance are not good to swim in. I kind of got the FC if it's too high. but any other values that make the pool unswimmable?

Thanks!
pH and CC can irritate eyes and skin. Calcium buildup can cause scale, which is like grow-your-own sandpaper right on the walls. Bump your knee and get roadrash in the pool. Ouch.

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.