Brand new Polaris PB4-60 cycles

NeedMoreSun

LifeTime Supporter
I haven't looked into it much yet, but this was just noticed yesterday. I have an entirely new pad and the only thing I intended to reuse what the old pressure pump but besides looking generally well aged I found the plastic board where the electrical connections are dry rotted and in pieces with the connections just free-floating in mid-air. The new pump was delivered and plumbed in just a few days ago.

Since my Polaris is waiting on me to figure out how to do the rebuild kit, and we have company anyway it's not in use but a cheap fountain has been connected to that port. The pump is on AUX1 relay in my controller. To operate the fountain I turn it on manually with the AUX1 switch.

The pump runs just fine, the fountain works. After "about" 30 minutes the pump just stops. I turned the relay off and back on and the pump is working but it shuts off again later. So, when it shut off the second time I just left it. About 30 minutes later, without ever touching it, it came back on again.

So, I'm wondering about possibilities and where to start. Is there an over-temp and it resets itself after a time, and me cycling the power from the relay just forced it? I also saw there is a minimum PSI on outlet side or it could get an over-current condition, so is it possible with only that fountain on it we're simply having too much flow and not enough pressure and it was over-current?

I'm sure we'll be trying it again this afternoon and I'll watch more closely, go listen to it, etc.

Oh, ALSO, AUX1 is now set to use timer, so button should be full manual. It HAD been set for manual and "may" have had a countdown timer set which I would have lost when changing to timer. If that was set to 30 minutes would it alternate on and off every 30 minutes? I had assumed it was a one time countdown and would stay off if that had been set.

Well, it ran about an hour and a half, turned off for about 20 minutes, then came back on again. However, I didn't go out to look real close since I thought it was the end of the timer I had set. It was only when it came back on all by itself I went to look and found I had AM and PM mixed up on the end time so it should have been on the entire time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.