Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SP2600VSP and omnilogic

1. Back To Top    #1

SP2600VSP and omnilogic

My pool builder installed this pump on our new 30000 gallon ingrown vinyl pool, also an omnilogic, the pool builder had no idea what they were doing when it came to the omnilogic installation and most of it has fallen on me to set up right.

Does anyone know if this pump is able to be controlled by the omnilogic, the more I read up on this pump the more I believe it won't, I am able to turn it on and off with the omnilogic, and I know it needs a low voltage communication cable to be able to communicate, but I can find no documentation of this pump ever being hooked to a controller.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SP2600VSP and omnilogic

Reading through the owners manual I don't see anything regarding interfacing the pump.

Maybe he needs to install a different pump?
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, that's the conclusion I came to also, I messaged him yesterday and told him about it, but I have not received a reply yet. The pool is only a few weeks old, and this is the first time I have had time to start digging into the controller to set everything up.

4. Back To Top    #4

The eco-star and the Tri-Star (without the controller) are the only two that I work with the omni logic.
    ***I have the eco-star and the omni logic set up***

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you guys for the responses. I'm trying to get the pool builder to answer me, but he seems to be ignoring me all of a sudden, for the last year he has never went more than a couple hours without a reply, but now I get nothing.