Stains...not sure what it is...

So near my pool steps I now have white marks, they appear like bleached out markings that occur only near the steps. They are smooth from what I can tell so I don't think it's calicum, but my problem is it seems like more and more spots are showing up.

I'm attaching a picture. .

- - - Updated - - -

Test results
Ph 7.6
fc 7
alk 100
ch 200
Stabalizer 50

Attachments

• 20150620_061257.jpg
    20150620_061257.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 45
Hello dapeople! :) I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. Your test results are actually quite solid. What test kit did you use? Also, can you provide your CC level as well please?

This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

Is there any chance that someone broadcast powdered "shock" or stabilizer granules into the pool? They'll leave white freckles if they sit on the surface too long. Even the simple action of rinsing the empty bucket with pool water to get rid of the crumbs could do it if they poured it out in that area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.