Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stains...not sure what it is...

1. Back To Top    #1

Stains...not sure what it is...

So near my pool steps I now have white marks, they appear like bleached out markings that occur only near the steps. They are smooth from what I can tell so I don't think it's calicum, but my problem is it seems like more and more spots are showing up.

I'm attaching a picture. .

- - - Updated - - -

Test results
    Ph 7.6
    fc 7
    alk 100
    ch 200
    Stabalizer 50
    Attached Images Attached Images
    44,000 gallon IG vinyl liner pool. 1.5 hp single speed motor on E Z flow pump/sand filter. Unknown age of pool, Kreepy krauly vacuum, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stains...not sure what it is...

Hello dapeople! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. Your test results are actually quite solid. What test kit did you use? Also, can you provide your CC level as well please?

This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Is there any chance that someone broadcast powdered "shock" or stabilizer granules into the pool? They'll leave white freckles if they sit on the surface too long. Even the simple action of rinsing the empty bucket with pool water to get rid of the crumbs could do it if they poured it out in that area.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Cc is 0. Taylor test kit k2006. No powder goes into pool! Just bleach
    44,000 gallon IG vinyl liner pool. 1.5 hp single speed motor on E Z flow pump/sand filter. Unknown age of pool, Kreepy krauly vacuum, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.