Opening - on track with new liner but need a bit of help..

Jun 12, 2010
Lewes, Delaware
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So we had a new vinyl liner installed this week. The installer had several trucks of water brought in and we are completing the fill with our garden hose. We are over the returns and almost up to the skimmers - using the main drain in the meantime for circulation. So last night I tested and added the following: CYA in a sock, borax, baking soda and bleach. Prior to this - the new water was crystal clear. I woke up this am and it is slightly green. I tested and got the following results:
TA 40
pH 7.5
CYA can't read yet (just added)
FC 4.0

Should I be SLAM'ing the pool at opening before letting it drop to regular levels? It is a cloudy day today and I can add it every two hours until the sun comes out. Thanks for any help. Love this forum and the folks on it!

We trucked in some water because the installer said we needed to in order to hold liner in place. Did not get iron free water as far as I know. I started adding more chlorine this am and it has cleared already. Will continue to SLAM until I pass OFCT. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

We are on well water - I had well water tested and it is <.10 mg/L.

That's why the water turned a slight greenish because of the hose water you added.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.