Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about TFPC Method

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about TFPC Method

I have one last question before switching to the TFPC method, what do you do if you go out of town? How do chlorinate your pool on a daily basis with bleach when no one is home?

Any suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about TFPC Method

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    I have one last question before switching to the TFPC method, what do you do if you go out of town? How do chlorinate your pool on a daily basis with bleach when no one is home?

Any suggestions?
    It all depends on how long you will be gone. You can bump up to shock level before you go and it will drift down. A covered pool will lose less chlorine each day. You can also use tabs for a short period but you need to be aware it will raise your CYA or Calcium levels.

Last option is to recruit a friend or neighbor to help out every couple of days.
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

+1 what Ship of Fools said. You have several options.....including pucks.

Often, folks think we hate pucks and that's not true at all. Understanding how to use them is key and understanding all the ways you can manage your pool water is what makes you a true TFP dude/dudette.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Friends + free beer = clear pool! And someone will be there to check other things as well.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yup! What we do depends on one thing - whether or not our favorite neighbors are home or not while we'll be gone. If they are - I ask them to just dump bleach in for me. If they're not, we have a Nature 2 that came with the pool. We, of course, don't use it and it sits empty until vacation time. That's when we use the pucks. Since it's usually only one week of the summer and it's a regular vacation, I can plan my levels around it.
    AG, 10,400 gallons, filter cartridge, 2HP pump
    Coffeegoddss...bonafide thread killer!
    POOL SCHOOL...fortheloveofgawd, read POOL SCHOOL

6. Back To Top    #6

Like it was said before, the amount of time away determines what needs to be done. Adding some insurance such as polyquat 60 is another thing that can be done.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process