Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My experience so far with BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

Lathrop, California

My experience so far with BBB

Although I joined this form in 2009 I was at the time using a SWG for chlorination of my pool. In 2013 the SWG died I was face with buying a new SWG or returning to traditional sanitation using 3.5 tabs or powered chlorine. I chose powered and it was easier the results were not what I was looking for. This went on for 2013 & 14. In the spring 2015 decided that i want to use BBB. I logged onto TFP website and read again what to do. I have been using BBB since March and I cant believe the difference my water is clearer and softer the PH stays stable longer, and the bleach actually last longer than the dry chlorine. I don't even use tabs to keep the chlorine level stable and no algae either. I see a big difference in $$$ also that I spend. So far this BBB program woks great.
    Mike T..
    1997 gunite white plaster 24x36 double kidney shape pool with attached spa ~25,000 gallons.
    Hayward PRO DE 6020, Sta-Rite 2 hp two speed pump, P4 Digital Controller, Navigator cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My experience so far with BBB

Welcome to TFP!

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. It does indeed work, no question about it. Although a lot of us do without two of the Bs it's all about understanding what's going in ther and why. Then adding nothing you absolutely don't have to have. Great to hear your story, and good to have you aboard.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Sometimes we just have to learn and see it for ourselves to believe. Glad to hear you understand and are using the TFPC methods to help you have a more enjoyable swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.