New in-ground pool - Boston, MA. Lots of pics

You did great on everything! Just the way we all should if we want. Your spa looks perfect to me. I understood that with 12 jets, there would be some calf jetus and the others at various heights over the benches. But mine are all above the benches and pretty much the same heights.

I'll admit my ignorance only for the sake of helping other newbies. I did not even consider I could be out there when the gunite was done. Most of you probably can't believe it. Now after I have read so much on this forum, that thinking seems really stupid.

Your pool is going to be awesome! And you're doing a great job sharing your knowledge through your explanations. It may be too late for me, but it will make a difference for others!
Suz.

Got both my boys helping with the pool watering. Pool builder said to do it 2-3 times a day. He also said you can't over do it. So.... With the boys help I've been watering about 5 times a day. I start to panic as soon as it appears dry.

Need to finalize my waterline tile. The glass tile for spa is already in order and should arrive in a week or so, can't wait!

Timeline recap:
May 18 2015 – Pool Application submitted to town
May 21 2015 – Gas Company marks gas lines
May 22 2015 – Tour paver company coping and paver options
May 28 2015 – Town approved Pool Permit
Jun 11 2015 – Begin clearing grass from pool area
Jun 12 2015 – Day 1 of dig. Encountered buried stumps in shallow end of pool. Required us digging lower to find virgin ground and backfill with stone.
June 13 2015 – Day 2 of dig. Complete shallow end and finish deep end.
June 24 2015 – Plumbing of in-floor cleaning system
June 25 2015 – Start rebar
June 26 2015 – Rebar and plumbing crew show up. They really get moving and get almost all of it complete.
July 1 2015 - Rebar completed
July 2 2015 - Plumbing completed
July 6 2015 - Electrical bonding complete.
July 7 2015 - pre-gunite inspection (bonding and rebar) - pass
July 8 2015 - Gunite 6:30 am to 3 pm.

I can't wait to see your Steel Blue tile on the spa!! It's going to be stunning!

Be sure to get photos of your boys watering. Someday, they will want proof how much work Dad made them do in the hot sun for the pool! Lol!!
Suz.

Hahaha, you bet Suz. Here's my 5yr old a couple of days ago...

ABC4181F-17A5-49FE-8320-C7B42EB08EC0_zpsfjaaomb8.jpg

4EA46BDB-E0F9-4C18-A47D-A2A6F8E317E4_zpseoh3rpef.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah. Our little one turns 6 in Aug. We're hoping we can have a pool party.

Supposed to get a lot accomplished next week.
-complete grading and remove extra dirt
-install waterline tile
-hopefully steel blue lightstreams glass tile arrives next week for install - spa only
-build a couple retaining walls
-install coping

Pool looks terrific, is that the pool equipment pad over there with the shelter & housewrap on it? If so, could you get a close up picture. I am going back and forth on how I want to cover my new pad. Is it just 4x4 posts with some stringer 2x4s and a lean-to roof?

Pool looks terrific, is that the pool equipment pad over there with the shelter & housewrap on it? If so, could you get a close up picture. I am going back and forth on how I want to cover my new pad. Is it just 4x4 posts with some stringer 2x4s and a lean-to roof?

OMG, that would have been a great idea!!! You are spot on with your build question. Cut the 4x4 posts to your desired height and string them together with 2x4's. I'll take some Close up pictures. I've been lazy and haven't had time to shingle it yet.

It's a coop for the girls... We just got a whole new flock after a fox came through and got all of our others. They've been out there for a week now.

image.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

They are so cute! We had chickens for a while too. Between the hawks, the fox, fisher cat and weasels we finally gave up. I really miss the fresh eggs though, so much better than the grocery store.

The pool is looking great! Seems like a lot going on this week too. Keep the pics coming!

They finished up grading around the pool.

We also found a resting spot for the massive boulder we discovered when digging the hole for pool. At first we weren't quite sure where to put it. Today we decided to set it in the fireplace area to soften the contemporary feel of our pool. Will post a few pics in a sec.

Timeline recap:
May 18 2015 – Pool Application submitted to town
May 21 2015 – Gas Company marks gas lines
May 22 2015 – Tour paver company coping and paver options
May 28 2015 – Town approved Pool Permit
Jun 11 2015 – Begin clearing grass from pool area
Jun 12 2015 – Day 1 of dig. Encountered buried stumps in shallow end of pool. Required us digging lower to find virgin ground and backfill with stone.
June 13 2015 – Day 2 of dig. Complete shallow end and finish deep end.
June 24 2015 – Plumbing of in-floor cleaning system
June 25 2015 – Start rebar
June 26 2015 – Rebar and plumbing crew show up. They really get moving and get almost all of it complete.
July 1 2015 - Rebar completed
July 2 2015 - Plumbing completed
July 6 2015 - Electrical bonding complete.
July 7 2015 - pre-gunite inspection (bonding and rebar) - pass
July 8 2015 - Gunite 6:30 am to 3 pm.
July 16-17,20 2015 - extend plumbing to equipment pad and grade areas around pool

All the dirt hills are gone! Wohoo!! Hopefully that reduces the amount of dirt our kids drag in to the house each day. I'm shocked no one got hurt playing king of the hill EVERY day!

Don't know if I mentioned the massive boulder we discovered on the very first day of the dig. Not sure these pics do it justice. It's roughy 9' x 4' x 4'. They were concerned the excavator wouldn't handle it. They managed to roll it out of the way for a while. Today we set it in its final resting place. Half of the stone is set into the ground. It will act as a bench for our fire pit area. We are pleased with the outcome.

Lawn was a bit neglected, finally got around to mowing it after they left.

I can see things starting to shape up nicely.

Still expecting them to install plumbing for deck jets, waterline tile, and coping this week. It's a big ask but we'll see.

355B0766-66B3-480A-983C-F9FD3C18E20B_zpsmh50iipj.jpg

58E2FE9D-E91E-4F1A-95E1-BB670221D34A_zpsks2pxrl5.jpg

BD106924-EE49-4BE8-851D-AA5ADC1F2DEC_zpsbdsx798w.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.