Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bees and pool chemistry

1. Back To Top    #1

Bees and pool chemistry

I noticed something interesting. Our neighbor behind us has a bee hive in the wall of their house

We have a saltwater pool and the bees were inundating our newly filled pool to a point that you wouldn't want to get in. The salt didn't bother them. I waited a couple of days to go get some CYA, but I did notice that once the cya was added, the bees quit coming to it.

Just an interesting tidbit.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Bees and pool chemistry

interesting indeed.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Bees and pool chemistry

That is interesting. We had a beehive in a rock retaining wall near the pool last summer and the bees did not bother us much at all.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach