sun deck water depth

MGood

May 31, 2015
Eldridge Iowa
We are in the process of finalizing our pool design and hoping to dig the first part of August. We will have a 6' sun deck that will be 20' wide with two bubblers. The water depth is at 9" on the sun deck. That seems about right but wanted other people's opinion who have sun decks. Thanks!

I agree with the 9" depth. It appears that most bubblers work properly between 2" and 10" of water.

The issue I have is transitioning from the coping down to that depth is steep.

9" of water plus 3" more to top of bond beam is 12". Add another 3" for coping and that first step down off coping is now 15"!!!

You have to add a chicklet sized step to make that transition safe and more functional. I feel the difference in height between that small step might look/feel akward.

I'm at 14" of water on my ledge. 10" from coping to first step. 10" more down to ledge and I'm at 14" of water. Then 2 steps down both at 11" each get you to pool depth of 36".

From the surface of my deck, I have my sun ledge as the second step. There is 18 inches of water above it. We love it at that depth. You can drop a couple standard pool loungers in and the water comes right go the seat level. Very small kids like the depth for playing and we have it so that we can block off to keep them from leaving the sun ledge.

image.jpg

I'm not sure I understand your question. Above is a computer generated drawing of our pool. From the sun deck there are no steps down to the pool and the depth ranged from about four feet to seven depending on where they exit the sundeck. On the right of the sun deck there is a bench that connects with the second step of the pool ( the steps are in the cutout on the right).

I think the OP is talking about a sun shelf in the pool, not a deck above the water level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.