Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Repairing "Aqua Rite" brand electronic chlorine generator turbo cell

1. Back To Top    #1

Repairing "Aqua Rite" brand electronic chlorine generator turbo cell

I have an Aqua Rite chlorine generator for my salt water pool. The "Turbo Cell T15" on the unit is broken and not working. My question is can it be repaired at home by me, does it need to be sent in for repairs, or does it require replacement.

system is from May 2007
    IG 20x40ft 40k gallons, vinyl liner, salt water pool. sand filter. Installed May 2007

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Repairing "Aqua Rite" brand electronic chlorine generator turbo cell

I have to think an 8 year old cell has probably lived it';s full useful life and it's time for a replacement. But, if you can narrow down "broken and not working" maybe one of the SWCG folks can help out.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

The pool service tested the cell and said that it was defective. I have ordered a new cell, however, I would be interested in finding out if I can rebuild the defective unit?
    IG 20x40ft 40k gallons, vinyl liner, salt water pool. sand filter. Installed May 2007

4. Back To Top    #4

When a cell wears out it is not repairable, from the average Joe, as there are special coatings that have worn out on the cell plates. I think there is a company that rebuilds some of the cells and sells them at a reduced price over a new cell.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    When a cell wears out it is not repairable, from the average Joe, as there are special coatings that have worn out on the cell plates. I think there is a company that rebuilds some of the cells and sells them at a reduced price over a new cell.
    Thanks for the info.