DE Filter Pressure gauge

Jun 14, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Very new at this...

I recently completely cleaned out my DE Filter, took it apart, soaked it in Muriatic Acid, etc.

Set it back up today and filled it with diatomite. My pressure gauge before even turning the pump on was at 5. Assuming my gauge might be a little off? After adding diatomite, I note the pressure at 14. Should I use 14 as my baseline then? If so, when should I regenerate? At 24? Thanks!

Well, gauge hit around 19, and water at this point started flowing out around the clamp seal of the filter. Everything seemed to be running fine until that pressure got up there. Water flying out the return to the pool. Any advice there?

It's dark out there now, so I just shut off the pump for the night. Will tackle it tomorrow!

Well, went and ordered the suggested glycerin gauge 2nd day air, so should hopefully have it by Wednesday. Have the pump going again right now, holding steady at 17. Went and added my Borax and CYA, because I'm anxious to start a SLAM. Hopefully that pressure won't jump up again and start shooting water out the clamp again. Think I might need to open it up and grease the seal if it does? Or bump it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.