Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Heater H400 service code SF

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Heater H400 service code SF

Hi,
    My heater today has the service code SF which from the manual says replace temperature sensor (Thermistore failure). Is the
    part below correct? Just don't want to waste $70 for wrong part. Has anyone done this before? TIA

Found part for it http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-IDXLTE...ds=idxlter1930, is this correct?
    Inground Plaster Pool, Cartridge Filter, Dolphin PRIMALX3, Hayward H400 Heater, Hayward Pump SPX3220X25Z2PE, 17500 Gallons with Spill Over Spa, Non-SWG, Sugar Land (Houston), TX 77478 USA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Heater H400 service code SF

Hello! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post on the heater. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

OK, thanks. I am going to try to open the heater this weekend to see how hard it is to find the Thermistor.
    Inground Plaster Pool, Cartridge Filter, Dolphin PRIMALX3, Hayward H400 Heater, Hayward Pump SPX3220X25Z2PE, 17500 Gallons with Spill Over Spa, Non-SWG, Sugar Land (Houston), TX 77478 USA

5. Back To Top    #5

I took the Thermistor out & saw one of the wire got disconnected, I stripped both ends and tape them, heater working again, save myself $40, thanks for all the responses.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Yep that will work also. Sounds like something chewed it.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,