Soon to be new pool owner

Jun 11, 2015
Houston
Howdy ya'll... :handwave:

Well, the wife and I have finally made the decision to build our first pool, so before too long, there will be another Texas pool build. I have been reading a lot of posts on how to maintain a pool, so I hope to be educated enough when the time comes. ;)

We have just started the process of talking to various PB's, but wanted to know from the experts out there, what I need to watch out for and things that people wish they had done differently after the fact.

One of the things I am struggling with is should I go the salt route or go with the traditional chlorine pool? The easier to maintain, the better.

We also have a few trees on the perimeter of our yard (will post a few pics for reference) and wondered what the rule is about having tress close to the pool.

Anyway, any advice you could provide to a new pool builder would be greatly appreciated.

It's really nice to have a place like this where you can come for great advice from really nice people!!!

Will keep an update on how the process is going.

Blaine

Attachments

• 20150619_191502.jpg
    20150619_191502.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 20150619_191518.jpg
    20150619_191518.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 21
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.