Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Soon to be new pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Soon to be new pool owner

Howdy ya'll...

Well, the wife and I have finally made the decision to build our first pool, so before too long, there will be another Texas pool build. I have been reading a lot of posts on how to maintain a pool, so I hope to be educated enough when the time comes.

We have just started the process of talking to various PB's, but wanted to know from the experts out there, what I need to watch out for and things that people wish they had done differently after the fact.

One of the things I am struggling with is should I go the salt route or go with the traditional chlorine pool? The easier to maintain, the better.

We also have a few trees on the perimeter of our yard (will post a few pics for reference) and wondered what the rule is about having tress close to the pool.

Anyway, any advice you could provide to a new pool builder would be greatly appreciated.

It's really nice to have a place like this where you can come for great advice from really nice people!!!

Will keep an update on how the process is going.

Blaine
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Soon to be new pool owner

Welcome to TFP!!!

If you want easier, then a SWG is the way to go
    Of course that means you should forgo the soft rock around the pool that all the TX builders seem to be so fond of.

Have you discovered Pool School yet?
    Take a look through the Pool School - Construction section
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the link! Will definitely read up on it.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach