Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newby here

1. Back To Top    #1

Newby here

They will be plastering my pool next week and I have a salt water system. How long do I have to wait before I can SAFELY swim?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newby here

Seems like you should ask the plasterer.

The water will be safe immediately (like a tub), but you need to start adding chemicals pretty quick too (not salt, wait a month).
    Here is an article from Pool School about starting up a new plaster pool:Pool School - Start-up New Plaster
    But, you may have to follow at least some of what the builder tells you to do for warranty purposes.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. I read the start up procedures and am just trying to make sure I ask all the right questions and/or pay close attention to the main talking points. Any advice on which questions I should emphasize on?

4. Back To Top    #4

The only two that I van think of is when do they hand the water chemistry over to you and when can you swim. And do they have any special care instructions? Oops, that was three. Congrats on the new plaster!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach