Bow inside pool between braces

Aug 3, 2008
I purchased a Cornelius 18x33 NBS Solex pool in August 08. When the pool was installed I noticed that one straight side of the Pool on the inside seemed to bow out slightly between the vertical supports. This has worsened and become very noticeable. I contacted Cornelius and sent them pictures as to what the pool was doing. Their reply was with this type of pool without outside support the bow was a normal occurrence and before long the other side of the pool will do the same thing. It was normal and nothing to worry about.
What do you think? Is Cornelius pulling my leg?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I am not familiar with the construction of Cornelius pools so I cannot definitively answer your question. I would be concerned that it is only on one side so I would not accept that explanation......it doesn't seem to make sense.

I wouldn't worry about it as long as it's not bowed anymore that what you see in this photo. I have the same pool and this is a picture of the bottom rail that hold your wall.

Attachments

• 3163543280_2d56ed8625.jpg
    3163543280_2d56ed8625.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 394
Thanks Gang for your help. This is my first experience with a pool and I had bad visions of 15,000 gallons of water flowing across my yard.

Here's a picture we took before we covered it for the winter.
It's 30 degrees out but I want to go swimming brrrrrrr.

Attachments

• sized pool inside1.jpg
    sized pool inside1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 331
All the AG oval pools I've seen do it :( In case you weren't there when the wall went up - it comes rolled up :shock: so it has no rigidity to keep the walls from bowing out between the uprights.

I wouldn't worry about the pool draining itself into the yard as long as the liner stays whole and the wall doesn't rust out :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.