Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Doughboy AGP costs

1. Back To Top    #1

Doughboy AGP costs

I am looking into a new AGP for this spring/summer, in Chicago suburbs. I pretty sure i am going for Doughboy because they specifically make AGPs that can be buried and I will be buring mine about 1/2 in ground. Want to know if anyone has purchased this pool and if so what they paid. I am looking at the oval 12 ft by either 22 or 24 maybe 26 feet. thanks.
    30k gallon inground with vinyl liner
    Hayward cartridge filter
    Southcentral PA

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wylie, Texas

Re: Doughboy AGP costs

Hi amp. Last May, we had a 32 x 16 Doughboy installed and buried 3 feet with a 7' deep end. The entire purchase/install (less plumbing the waste line to the city piping, which was required) ran us about $10K, which included the price of the best/thickest expandable liner (The install/bury was $3200 of the $10K and well worth it). We only opted for one return and later had to install a 2nd return ourselves, as well as hard-plumb the entire pool, because we didn't like the vacuum-cleaner type hoses. Doughboy allows a full bury (I think 6" must remain above ground) with still a full warranty. We want to do step-up decking around the entire pool, and so just did the 3' bury. The installer stressed to us to not ever, ever drain the pool - the walls will collapse. I'm assuming that we could probably drain just long enough to replace the liner, if necessary, and then refill immediately. I don't know what our water table is, but that plays a role in it. Hope this helps.
    32x16 buried Doughboy, 4' shallow - 7' deep
    Pentair Dynamo 1 hp, 2-speed - Pentair 150# SD40 w/zeolite (75#)
    One skimmer/two returns/Aquabot Turbo T2

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Doughboy AGP costs

Thank you very much for the great info. This really gives me an idea of what I will be dealing with. Because of backyard size and easement I cannot get any pool wider than 12', but length is unlimited looking at somewhere between 22 and 26. Also my yard is a hill so one end of the pool will be at grade and buried into the hill so that only about 40-50% of the pool will be fully buried. Because of that don't expect any issues with dig. Thanks again for info.
    30k gallon inground with vinyl liner
    Hayward cartridge filter
    Southcentral PA