Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice - Which WetEdge Color?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Need Advice - Which WetEdge Color?

This is my tile:

I'm getting a WetEdge Primera Stone surface, I'm just not sure which one. I narrowed it down to the blue water options, but there are still several to choose from. I'd love to hear from the ladies, since I have zero taste in style/color/design.

Azure Treasure

Primera Stone - Azure Treasure - YouTube

Blue Pacific Coast

Primera Stone - Blue Pacific Coast - YouTube

Caribbean Coast

Primera Stone - Caribbean Coast - YouTube

Crystal Coast

Primera Stone - Crystal Coast - YouTube

Ivory Mist

Primera Stone - Ivory Mist - YouTube

Riviera Coast

Primera Stone - Riviera Coast - YouTube

Sky Blue Treasure

Primera Stone - Sky Blue Treasure - YouTube

36 x 16 IG, SWG, FAFCO Solar Heating System, WetEdge Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure, 8.5' - 3.5' depth, 6' S.R. Smith Flyte-Deck II Dive Stand, Interfab X-Stream slide, 27k gallons, doggy tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers, 2.75 Hayward Tristar pump, Hayward 425 cart filter, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 light, Dolphin Z5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need Advice - Which WetEdge Color?

Caribbean Coast
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

I love the color of Riviera Coast and Azure Treasure.

What is the name of the tile? Looks like what we chose also. We are doing wetedge satin matrix Tahitian blue.
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I didn't see the water colors, only the stones. When I went to the wet edge site, it didn't show all those colors under primera stone, or does that not matter - just look for the color name? Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

Hmmm it should be under primera stone Suz
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

6. Back To Top    #6

I do NOT like Blue Pacific Coast or Caribbean Coast or crystal coast or Riviera Coast-too much black.

My fav is Azure Treasure. I love the blue in it.

Next is Sky Blue Treasure. It has enough blue to overcome the black.

Third is Ivory Mist. It would look the most like a sandy beach.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Found 'em! Caribbean Coast is my top pick. Second - Sky Blue Treasure. When you're ready, Kim can lock in the color for you!! Good luck. Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

8. Back To Top    #8

I love "Antigua" in the satin matrix.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder32 View Post
    I love "Antigua" in the satin matrix.
    Primera Stone is the smoothest surface they make, so I don't see any reason to consider any of the other surfaces. It can also be resurfaced, unlike the other types they offer.

Understanding Wet Edge Swimming Pool Finish Products - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I do NOT like Blue Pacific Coast or Caribbean Coast or crystal coast or Riviera Coast-too much black.

My fav is Azure Treasure. I love the blue in it.

Next is Sky Blue Treasure. It has enough blue to overcome the black.

Third is Ivory Mist. It would look the most like a sandy beach.

Kim
    What's wrong with black?
    36 x 16 IG, SWG, FAFCO Solar Heating System, WetEdge Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure, 8.5' - 3.5' depth, 6' S.R. Smith Flyte-Deck II Dive Stand, Interfab X-Stream slide, 27k gallons, doggy tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers, 2.75 Hayward Tristar pump, Hayward 425 cart filter, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 light, Dolphin Z5

10. Back To Top    #10

To me the blacks specks looks like dirt on the bottom of the pool.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

just noticed "Tahoe Coast" got left off, but it's got a lot of black in it

Tahoe Coast

Primera Stone - Tahoe Coast - YouTube

12. Back To Top    #12

Well there is something to be said about the black. Any dirt or stuff in the pool will not stand out!

What look do you want to shoot for? Blue lagoon? Natural beach? Oh so bright blue?

THAT will help us help you.

Kim

13. Back To Top    #13

A few thoughts... I just went thru this process!

Be sure you consider what the base will look like on steps and sun-ledge, etc. Anything with a light blue base looks baby blue to me, not a pretty pool color of blue. The tan one will make your water look more green while blue or grey will make it look more blue. The lighter the color, the more teal-light blue the water will be, the grayer, the darker richer.

Jut be sure to consider both the look in the shallow and the look if how it affects water color in the deep. WetEdge has several videos on this. Start with how you want the water to look (light blue, darker blue, greenish, etc.). Assuming from your list that you like a rich blue (not super light or super dark, and not green), I'd stay away from Ivory and Crystal.

I like the Carrabean (if it's a light gray base) and the sky blue.

Good luck!
    About to build an in-ground free-from gunite pool in the back yard (no spa). Currently estimated at 19,000 gallons. Likely going with a SWG.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Eddd View Post
    A few thoughts... I just went thru this process!

Be sure you consider what the base will look like on steps and sun-ledge, etc. Anything with a light blue base looks baby blue to me, not a pretty pool color of blue. The tan one will make your water look more green while blue or grey will make it look more blue. The lighter the color, the more teal-light blue the water will be, the grayer, the darker richer.

Jut be sure to consider both the look in the shallow and the look if how it affects water color in the deep. WetEdge has several videos on this. Start with how you want the water to look (light blue, darker blue, greenish, etc.). Assuming from your list that you like a rich blue (not super light or super dark, and not green), I'd stay away from Ivory and Crystal.

I like the Carrabean (if it's a light gray base) and the sky blue.

Good luck!
    Yeah, my favorite water color is around the Tahitian islands and the Mayan Riviera. To me, that's a light blue. I don't ever want to have the pool bottom be so dark that I can't tell what's hiding down there.

The problem is knowing how it will look in my pool, with the shade I have. There are basically no videos on the WetEdge site showing the different surfaces in different pools with different lighting. My PB has 2 locations, but neither has IG pools with WetEdge installed, just samples hanging on the wall. The closest location is a 1.5-2 hour round trip, so I'm not hopping in the car anytime I want to see a different surface.

15. Back To Top    #15

I have some pics of the satin matrix line. Let me know if you want to see. I know it's not what you want but might help

16. Back To Top    #16

Well I'm also indecisive about our Wet Edge finish. In our contract we're allowed any satin or Pearl matrix,and 3 prism matrix ( blue lagoon, southern lights,and moonlight). Our pool depth will be 9" tanning ledge, 4-4 1/2-5. We have moderate shade. We'd like an aquamarine color. I've looked at their videos a hundred times....just ask my husband ! LOL !
    So now I turn to the experts...what do you suggest ?
    Houston,TX, IG 15120 gal, gunite, 22' x 36',wet edge finish, Pentair equip, 420 cartridge filter, vs pump, Intelliflo vs booster pump for water features, 400,000 heater, auto fill ,PCC 2000 in floor cleaning ,2 LED lights,travertine coping, paver decking, 9x12 tanning shelf ,1 LED color bubbler, 2 5' benches w jets. Depth 4- 4 1/2- 5 , wall with 3 24" sheer decent , 2 spray heads, Intellitouch Controller.

17. Back To Top    #17

Magic, help us out. Post links to your colors. I would LOVE to help you spend your money!

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

I gotta pick a color tomorrow, so I'd love to hear some more opinions (if you can spare a second)

19. Back To Top    #19

Azure treasure 👍👍

Above ground, vinyl liner,
    15,000 gal.
    Hayward pump, sand filter, TF 100 test kit
    🏊

20. Back To Top    #20

Ok, you asked for thoughts! This may be more than you wanted, but here goes. I searched google for images of the Mayan Riviera and Tahitian islands to see what "color" you liked. Hard to say, since the images vary so widely. You said you liked light blue, so, I kept that in mind. Also, you coping and tile have very soft, subtle tones, so I kept that in mind.

Azure Treasure: water color pops, your tile and coping are softer. Looking at a close up of the pebble, there is red and green. Not sure you will like that on the shallow ends where you will see it more.
    Blue Pacific Coast: water color looks like it will be gorgeous with your coping and tile, but again there is red, and quite a bit of black that you might not like to see close up.
    Caribbean Coast: Good water color I think, and a lot less red. This would be one of the ones I would think would suit you.
    Crystal Coast: water color nice, not sure about the close up texture, white background with the red, black and blue might be too sharp for your taste.
    Ivory Mist: lovely soft water color, close-up very soft on the eyes. Might be too bland, not sure about your taste.
    Riviera Coast: Water color seems too bright
    Sky Blue Treasure: Water color looks really close to what I "think" you are looking for. The close up on the steps, the blue and black and grey, seem very soft on the eyes, but with enough contrast to give a nice sparkle to the water. I think it will go well with your coping and tile.
    Tahoe Coast: I love the water color, and the blend on the close up. I think it will blend well in the shallow end. However, I think this is more my taste, not necessarily yours.

So, my picks for you would be, in order, Sky Blue Treasure, Ivory mist, or Caribbean Coast.
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast