Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Top rail issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Angry Top rail issue

Long story short - how do I get these two bolts back where they were?! (See image). It's on the bend of an oval.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We inherited an AG Lomart Grey Mist 18' x33' (15,700gal according to the estimator), installed 2006, using Sustain chemicals for now. Learned very quickly how wrong the test strips and pool stores can be, so I use a Taylor FAS DPD kit.
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix 1.5HP pump, Hayward Pro Series S180T sand filter.
    100% beginner at pool ownership... explain it to me as you would to a five year old :D

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Top rail issue

First thoughts---------rubber mallet to gently tap it to where it needs to go with a small nail or such to keep one in place while you use the proper screw in the other one.

three people--------one on this side, one on the other, third with screw ready to put it in when the other two people push the pieces together.

zip ties-put thin in the outside holes and have the screw ready to go on the other one while you tighten the zip ties carefully.

I hope one of these help

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Husband looked over my shoulder and suggested that maybe you could loosen up the others and move them over a hole or two to help "push" the other side over.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I like the zip tie idea... I think the pending solution is utilize 4 or 5 burly guys who happen to be taking our hot tub tomorrow (it was another house purchase inheritance). I had intended to merely loosen the bolts enough to slide the straps for a set of pool steps underneath that portion of the rail, but the tension on it was so great that it just popped loose. The geniuses who installed this pool put it on a dug out hillside without a retaining wall of any kind at the lowest part. 10 years later, the pool is several inches deeper on one of the longer sides thanks to gravity and erosion. The post at issue is on the curve of the oval, opposite the deeper side, so j have a LOT of physics not working in my favor!! I'm hoping with enough guys pushing in the right spots, we can get it back together. The husband and I could get it allllllmost together but then I pulled a muscle to top off the evening!! Lol
    We inherited an AG Lomart Grey Mist 18' x33' (15,700gal according to the estimator), installed 2006, using Sustain chemicals for now. Learned very quickly how wrong the test strips and pool stores can be, so I use a Taylor FAS DPD kit.
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix 1.5HP pump, Hayward Pro Series S180T sand filter.
    100% beginner at pool ownership... explain it to me as you would to a five year old :D

4. Back To Top    #4

A long rope or strap.

A bunch of ratchet tie-downs linked together or a long thick rope and a trucker's hitch around the pool should allow you to pull things in.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

You need to go around and loosen all the screws to the other up rights and it will line up where you need to to. You should not tighten ALL screws until every screw is in. Kimkats husband is correct in how to fix this issue.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter