Canadian Test Kits

I did a quick search and see that this comes up every year or so, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a test kit other than Taylor's, since I can't find any information on Apollo's still being in business and not one else seems to carry their products up here (even Amazon just has them through sketchy looking resellers). The Taylor's distributor up her also won't answer by emails about buying direct...

If you can't think of a good product, even just a list of what tests it absolutely should include, so I can look around up here would be great. Unfortunately I'm in a rural area and don't know anyone across the border to ship to, but our mail service here is pretty good and I can get to Toronto with a bit of planning.

Any ideas?

Hi Polar_girl,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "buying direct".

I live in Montreal area and I bought my Taylor K-2006 through

Lowry and Associates - Pool, Spa and Industrial Testing Products

You have to order by sending them an email and then fill up an order form and send it back to them. They were quite helpful by email. Don't be put off if you get this initial response that I got:

"The kit you are asking about is normally used by commercial operators and Public Health Inspectors. Some of what is included may not be used or needed before they expire and I would hate for you to have spent money on tests you do not need. Do you expect to test for Calcium Hardness? Cyanuric Acid? We might be able to customize a kit so that it is better suited to your needs.

Please let me know, we will help whichever way we can"

I also highly recommend a Taylor Speedstir which I bought from them as well. This will stir as you add drops. Makes like easier and a must in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Hi Polar Girl. Sadly there are no high-end tests easily available, except the above mentioned Taylor k-2006, which will likely cost a lot more loonies and toonies than if you bought it in the u.s.

I was luckily able to have my TF-100 shipped to my sister in PA, who brought it up to Canada when she visited (also the speedstir!).

A proper TFP kit consists of FAS-DPD test for FC and CC, calcium hardness, pH, total alkalinity and CYA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.