I'm super clumsy... not gonna lie. Just about every time I've added bleach to my pool, I've bleached whatever clothes I'm wearing.
A gallon of 12.5% liquid chlorine spilled in my trunk and just about ruined the car, as well as everything I was wearing and my skin. I got a medical grade disinfectant in my eye the other day at work, burned like h***. I trip and spill things a lot. Can't tell you how many times I've knocked over my test kit cylinder in the middle of running a test. I try to be really careful but I'm a hazard to myself. It is what it is.
That said, I'm scared to use muriatic acid to decrease my pH. I feel much safer using the pool store pH reducer... the brand is Haviland, and it's a powder that I just pour in front of the return. So far I've been able to do this without any sort of casualty.
My questions are... is this a bad alternative? Do I really need to use the muriatic acid to follow TFP? And... does anyone know if pool store pH reducers will add anything else to my water that will throw off my water balance?