Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone else have a Swim Spa?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone else have a Swim Spa?

We recently bought a Master Spas H2X swim spa. I know they are not very common, so I wondered if anyone else had one. We have had some issues with balancing the water due to the spa store giving us bad information, so I am starting to handle this on my own. I ordered a Taylor bromine test kit that should be here today. I appreciate all the information on this site. It has been hugely helpful. I'm sure I will have some questions soon!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone else have a Swim Spa?

Welcome to TFP!

I don't have a swim spa, but have a spa. Mine uses chlorine but bromine can be used as well. Read through this thread here and if you have questions, fire away.

How do I use Bromine in my spa (or pool)?)

If you wanted to switch to chlorine for any reason, that's also doable in any spa.

How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?)
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

I thought I had set up my signature, but it apparently didn't work. I just thought I would reply on here so you could see it this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!
    1000-gallon Master Spas H2X Swim Spa. Installed June 2015.
    Started with chlorine and it went south (with awesome advice of spa dealer....insert sarcasm).
    My kids ended up with bad bacterial hot tub rash 10 days after installation.
    Dumped it and started over with bromine.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new swim spa!

We have used the dichlor then bleach process to maintain our tub for about 18 months now and are very happy with it.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new swim spa!

We have used the dichlor then bleach process to maintain our tub for about 18 months now and are very happy with it.
    Thank you! We just switched from chlorine to bromine, so I am trying to learn all I can. The spa place sure jacked ours up, so I think I am on my own. My Taylor test kit came today and I'm looking forward to using it. If only I could get the ph under control! My dumb strips always say it is low, but the spa place tests it and says it's high.
    Started with chlorine and it went south (with awesome advice of spa dealer....insert sarcasm).

6. Back To Top    #6

Trust your Taylor results. As per the sticky thread, get your TA down to 50-60 by lowering pH when it gets high. Then your pH rise will slow down dramatically.

# Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

7. Back To Top    #7

Throw the strips away so you are never tempted to use them.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by JVTrain View Post
    Trust your Taylor results. As per the sticky thread, get your TA down to 50-60 by lowering pH when it gets high. Then your pH rise will slow down dramatically.

# Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!
    Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Throw the strips away so you are never tempted to use them.
    I plan to. I can't believe they ever recommend them to anyone. They are completely useless if you ask me.