Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blueberry tree stain

1. Back To Top    #1
    Richmond, TX

Blueberry tree stain

I've had two Japanese blueberry trees next to the pool for 5 years with no issues. Recently it bloomed and then we were gone for a week. While we were gone a storm come though and left most of the blooms in the pool where they sat until our return. Where there were large mounds there is now brown stains that won't come off with brushing. Any ideas?
    17,500 Gallon, SWG 33' x 21' freeform w/ Sunstone Cobalt Plaster. Attached 6 X 6 Spa raised 12" w/ 6 Jets with Moss Rock Spillover. 25' Moss Rock Waterfall. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 for Pool, 2 HP Whisperflo for Waterfall, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge 320, Pentair 400K BTU Max-E-Therm heater, Pentair Intellichor, Pentair EasyTouch 4P, Pentair Legend Platinum Cleaner w/ 3/4 hp pump, autofill system, nat gas fire pit. BBB convert

2. Back To Top    #2
    Grand Rapids, MI

Re: Blueberry tree stain

Carefully apply a trichlor puck in a sock a few min at a time to see if that will lighten it.
    You can also try one of these MA spot stain devices: : Purity Pool OS Out Spot Stain Remover : Swimming Pool Stain Removers : Patio, Lawn Garden

Tanin stains from decomposing stuff in theory will fade over time with sun and FC, though I have a few that simply won't
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

3. Back To Top    #3

Mount Cheaha Alabama

Re: Blueberry tree stain

Bringing your FC level up will clear up the stains.
    I've been fighting undeveloped acorns blowing out of adjacent oaks for three weeks now.
    Brown tannin stains if they sit overnight - very frustrating to have crystal clear water and little brown stains all over the place
    30k in ground vinyl lined pool surrounded by decking in the woods.
    Hayward sand filter circa mid 80's
    If there is a way to do things less expensively and yield a superior product I am all ears