how to use clarifier??

Jun 27, 2013
How many hours should I run pump with clarifier in it and how long should it sit on off before I vacuum?

Should filter be on filter or whirlpool? Do I add it to shimmer or just put it in the deep end?

Because you don't need it. If your water is cloudy you either have a chemical problem, possibly a low level algae bloom or you have a problem with your filter. Clarifier, when it works is just going to mask a problem that you need to address.

If you've already verified that your circulation and filtration are working, that you don't have algae or if you do that you've done a SLAM and the pool has not had any improvement in clarity for at least a week, then if you believe the particles causing the cloudiness are too small to be filtered with your sand filter, then you can Add DE to a Sand Filter for finer filtration.

I've slam it three times. I've opened pool about two weeks ago water was really green. I was thinking of running garden hose in filter in case there is channeling.
A SLAM is not a one time addition of high levels of chlorine, but a continuous process that can take multiple days. You've done this three times in the two weeks it's been open?

I recommend you read the directions on SLAMing your pool in the How To section of Pool School and follow that procedure completely to the end.

* CC is 0.5 or lower;
* You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
* The water is clear.

When all three are true, you are done SLAMing and can allow the FC to drift down to normal levels.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you complete the SLAM? SLAM Is a process, not a one time event. If you follow all the steps to the end, you shouldn't have to SLAM again so soon. Just a thought. Once I finished my SLAM in its entirety, all I've had to do is maintain with minimal effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've slam it three times. I've opened pool about two weeks ago water was really green. I was thinking of running garden hose in filter in case there is channeling.
Does the 'stuff' in the water settle to the bottom at all? If so vacuum it to waste.

If you did a complete and proper slam the water would not be cloudy. Clear water is one of the 3 indicators of a complete slam.

Please post a complete set of test results so we can better guide you.

After trusting a pool store for two years (and ending up with alge anyway) I've got to say that now that I am using TFPC, my pool has never looked so clean, clear & sparkling.

These guys know what they are talking about, do not put anything else in that pool until you post some test results to see if you need to complete a proper slam.

Do do you have any pictures?

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.