Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC & CC Test

1. Back To Top    #1

FC & CC Test

I've noticed that if I leave my completed test sitting for a bit that eventually it will have a pinkish hue. So I do the cc test and the water doesn't change color...not immediately, but after several minutes it will. Is this normal, should I be waiting before recording my results?
    26,700 Gal., 18x36 IG pool with Vinyl. 1HP Hayward Super Pump; Hayward DE3620 Filter; Hayward SAS; TFT-100 test kit; Dolphin Atlantis Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC & CC Test

That's normal. You do the CC test immediately after the FC test. No waiting.
    ~19k Gal, IG Vinyl, Hayward SP2607X10 1hp pump, Hayward S200 Sand Filter, built in 70s, has 8 deep end with diving board, 1 skimmer, 1 return, 1 low hole, Polaris booster pump PB4-60, old Polaris robot not sure model, Rheem P-M266A-EN-C 266,000 BTU heater, solar cover, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi CLW, yes it is known that if you leave the test for a while after it has gone clear it will turn pink again. the test should be completed quickly and then the cc test immediately afterwards without any break in between. best wishes
    32,000L Fibreglass Leisure Pools IG 12.5'x23'x5' Pump: AstralPools BX1 1.0HP
    Filter: AstralPools ZX-310 SWCG: AstralPools VX7T
    Heater: Hayward H250FDN Test Kit: TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome, thanks guys!
    26,700 Gal., 18x36 IG pool with Vinyl. 1HP Hayward Super Pump; Hayward DE3620 Filter; Hayward SAS; TFT-100 test kit; Dolphin Atlantis Cleaner.