Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: leak in my 15000 gallon above ground pool!! HELP!!

1. Back To Top    #1

leak in my 15000 gallon above ground pool!! HELP!!

My pool started leaking last yr around the hose that goes into the pool. Got that fixed and now now it is leaking from the bottom of the pool until it gets about 3/4 empty then stops!! What is going on?? It's coming out from under the side where the pump hose is at, but it's not the hose bc everything is unhooked!! HELP PLEASE!!
    You can't really see the ground wet right beside the base of the pool on the ground. Its staying wet but not like it was. I do not know how to check for the leak other than drain it?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: leak in my 15000 gallon above ground pool!! HELP!!

Examine the pool and any fittings right at the height where it stops leaking. That's where your leak is at. Your pool is telling you where the leak is, based on where it stops leaking. Might be a spot in the liner that needs to be patched.

Welcome to TFP!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3
    Houston, Texas

Can you post some pictures of the problem area?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    El Cajon CA

Interested in the answers for this also, I have the same thing going on. The ground around the pool is wet so I'm guessing it's at the bottom of the pool like this one is. It seems that maybe the pressure isn't enough to make it leak with the pool partially drained on the OP's pool?
    Intex 15'x42" Metal Frame pool 4200 GAL with Intex SWG. TF-100 test kit. Our Pool Install Thread

In Work! Master Spas Legend Series LSI 557 3-4 person Hot Tub, 230 GAL using bromine to sanitize it. Hot Tub Install Thread