Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 12 x 24 vs 12 x 20 above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

12 x 24 vs 12 x 20 above ground pool

New to the forum, so please bare with me as I get familiar . I ordered a 12 x 24 above ground pool and was sent a 12x 20...Was offered a discount and the difference in the pool...but not sure if it's worth it. $600 discount. I'm not sure how much pool I'll be losing but I know bigger is better if it will fit. Any suggestions?
    BTown Iowa AG12x24 Doughboy

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 12 x 24 vs 12 x 20 above ground pool

NO one has every said "I wish I had a smaller pool". Get as big as you can afford and fit.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

+1 to that.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

They are offering you a discount because they don't want to do any more work to make up for their mistake. It's cheaper for them to adjust the order. The value of their Cost of Goods is tied up in the Filter and pump, and you've already purchased that. The margin on the pool walls and PVC piping is huge. Put another way, that extra 4 feet in length amounts to roughly 20% of volume of your pool. That's quite a bit, IYAM.

1) I think bigger is better.
    1a) I think you do too, considering you purchased the bigger pool to begin with.

2) Don't let the manufacturer off the hook.

3) I would actually send back the pool, request that they cover return shipping AND ask for a discount for your inconvenience. The Summer Solstice is in 2 days. You are losing prime swimming season!!!
    Chris
    17' x 35' outdoor in-ground Grecian shaped w/ vinyl liner. ≈ 21,000 gallons. Hayward S-200 Sand Filter and 1 HP Hayward Super-pump. Other Accessories: slide, light, ladder, fiberglass stairs, TF-100. Baquacil Conversion - June 2015, SLAM How-to, Chlorine/CYA Chart

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah what Chris said and how he said it!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit