Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Switching polarities on Aqua Rite

1. Back To Top    #1

Switching polarities on Aqua Rite

Moderator comment: This post was separated out from this thread: Switching polarities on Aqua Rite - low readings

hi i'm having a similar issue with one of my polarities, but instead of being different, one polarity shows 0.00 for amps and -0 for instant check. i can switch between them and the good polarity shows about 5 for amps and -3000 ish for my salt (sometimes when i check it's the good side, other times it's the zero side). we recently had the issue with power and generating lights going out after 20-30 seconds, so we replaced the limiter (which indeed was cracked down the middle). i also recently checked and sprayed out the cell (no apparent build up). it seems to be holding the chlorine levels although we've always had to run it at about 75% since we opened the pool, and we use well water. just wanted to see if i needed to take any immediate action because of the zero polarity side. thx, robin
    30K gal rectangle, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP pentair superflo pump, 60 sq ft DE filter, aqua lite SWG w/ t-15 cell, water features with 150 sq ft cartridge filter & pump, polaris 380 cleaner with century PB4 booster pump. installed summer 2011.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Switching polarities on Aqua Rite

Welcome to TFP!

How many hours are you running the SWG and how old is it?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

the pump runs 12 hours a day and the SWG is 4 years old.
    30K gal rectangle, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP pentair superflo pump, 60 sq ft DE filter, aqua lite SWG w/ t-15 cell, water features with 150 sq ft cartridge filter & pump, polaris 380 cleaner with century PB4 booster pump. installed summer 2011.

4. Back To Top    #4

With 75% and 12 hours of run time the SWG is putting out 2.2ppm of chlorine a day in your pool if everything is working properly. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but do plan on replacing the cell sooner or later.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

ok thanks so much!