Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Am I over thinking this

1. Back To Top    #1

Am I over thinking this

I just purchased a 16x48 Intex pool. My question is which like the title says I am probably way over thinking this, on a 16' pool it has 8' radius I need to go out an extra foot, I am going to be using foam under the pool do I go out with the foam over the pavers or all the way out to the whole radius that I leveled out. Please forgive my ignorance I tend to over think stuff.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Am I over thinking this

I would think that a 16' diameter circle would have an 8' radius, as radius is one half of diameter...but that's just me.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes it has a 8' radius mistyped that.

4. Back To Top    #4

The pictures I've seen have the foam cut out around the pavers so it's all at the same height.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

I believe the intent of the foam is simply to provide that buffer (cushion) required to protect the bottom of your liner and make it more comfortable for the users. If you go outside of the bottom edge of your pool, it may not hurt anything, but it may get in the way of the poles, pavers, or equipment that you have. Just a thought. Other Intex users may have other thoughts. Have a great day!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

I'd notch it out for the pavers myself.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

Check out my build in my signature,
    allot of good photos and details that might give you some ideas. All are correct ... I cut mine as I am leaving my pool up year round and didn't want to see the insulation. I will be doing some landscaping around the pool soon. Good Luck
    Tim Jacobsen Lodi Ca.
    18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame (5700 Gallons)
    TF 100 Test Kit, Speedstir, & Sample Sizer. Liquidator Installed.
    Hayward C550 Cartridge Filter (55 Sq. Ft.), 1HP Powerflo LX Pump, Pool Rover Jr.
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...uild-Questions

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the help that looks great. Does the pool liner not touch the paver stones I am going to put mine up like you did yours.